Optimizing Geometric Corridor Design Reduces Earthwork Costs
Design roads, highways, and corridors that cost less to build. Adding optimization software to your geometric design process allows you to deliver the lowest-cost design. It also allows you to design faster.
Softree Optimal is a patented alignment optimization program. It can optimize an alignment vertically and horizontally. Generate the lowest cost vertical alignment based on the ground surface, the preliminary horizontal alignment, and the design parameters and constraints entered by the user. Utilize new horizontal alignment optimization functionality to further refine and improve design.
With Softree Optimal, you can:
- Vertically and horizontally optimize corrridor alignments, such as rural roads, access road, highways, rail and pipeline corridors
- Plan better corridor locations
- Quickly compare the costs for various alignments
- Rapidly evaluate the impact of changes to various design constraints
- Check the feasibility of proposed designs and constraints
- Save time and save construction costs in ways that are not possible with manual design.
Example of the Impact of Vertical and Horizontal Optimization